I wasn’t allowed to wear any makeup until I turned 16 and being a girly girl that was pretty much torture to me. So, as soon as I was allowed to explore the world of beauty products, I was in trouble. To me, makeup really is art, and I love how expressive you can be with it. I definitely went through a phase of wearing blue lipstick and putting glow in the dark stars at the outer corner of my eyes because I thought it was cute… I’d like to think I’ve come a long way from that.
I have and think I always will be the type of girl that thrives on finding a good bargain, so drugstore makeup has a special place in my heart. Don’t get me wrong, I frequent Sephora so often and own so many of their products that my friends think I should start getting a commission from them. Whenever us girls go into Sephora they feel like they can rely on me to tell them every make up and beauty product they need in their artillery. What I have learned from my many years of make up loving and experimenting is that the drug store makes AMAZING cosmetics, too!
These are 10 products that can complete an every day flawless face in minutes. I’ve listed the products in order of how I apply them.
1. L’oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup: I am obsessed with this foundation because I have dry skin especially in the winter. This foundation offers medium coverage with a dewy finish that makes you look like you’re glowing. There is a wide range of colors allowing you to pick from warm undertones to cool to neutral undertones. The packaging is also amazing for drugstore makeup because the bottle offers a pump for easy dispensing without the mess. This foundation also has SPF20. I wear the color W6 Sun Beige.
Alternative foundation loves for normal – oily skin:
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation: I won’t do a full review on this at the moment but this is a great alternative for someone with normal to oily skin and also contains SPF 20.
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup: This foundation is also for normal to oily skin and the name of this foundation does not lie. It really does stay put all day. This foundation is very full coverage so I wouldn’t recommend wearing this everyday unless you like the extra coverage. I prefer this for going out at night or when I plan to be in photographs. This does not contain any SPF so you don’t have to worry about any ghostly white cast from the flashback in photos.
2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer: This under eye concealer comes in a neutralizer shade (yellow), brightener shade (light pink), and the usual range of light to dark shades. I love this concealer because it is lightweight, therefore not settling into fine lines, but offers good coverage. I wear the shade medium, but if I’m not as well rested and my dark circles are more prominent, sometimes I will wear the neutralizer shade under the medium shade.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick: I actually use this foundation stick as a contouring stick at the moment. I bought this foundation in the summer because I was curious about it and am always trying to shave off any time in the morning when I’m getting ready so I thought a foundation stick would do that. Since the shade 330 Toffee Caramel is too dark for me at the moment, I use this as a contour stick and pop it under my cheekbones, along my jawline, and around the the outside of my forehead for extra definition. I am a strong believer in contouring and this is a step I don’t skip. The bonus of using a foundation stick as a contouring stick is that it blends like a dream. Try it out and tell me what you think!
4. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso: I absolutely love this blush. It’s formulation is baked so it goes on effortlessly without having to do very much blending and it gives you a nice subtle glow. I like to use this color year round for an effortless every day look.
5. Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze: This eyeshadow and this color in particular is amazing because it is so easy to use and makes it look like you put a lot of time into your eyeshadow with very little effort at all. Swirl your ring finger in the pot a couple times then blend onto your lid using windshield wiper motions slowly blending upwards. This creates a blended almost smokey look in one step. This dries quickly which makes it stay put all day so make sure to work quickly.
6. Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel: I didn’t discover the power of good brows until 4 years ago. I definitely went through that Christina Aguilera phase where I had pencil thin brows against the advice of my mom. Whoops! Your brows really frame your face and can make you look so much more finished. Brows are intimidating to work with at first so I like this pencil because the brush at the end helps blend everything in and make it look less harsh.
7. Maybelline Master Smoky by Eye Studio in Black Smoke: For my every day makeup, I prefer a soft eyeliner look as opposed to a more precise defined liquid liner look. This is just my personal preference. I like this pencil because it’s very forgiving and gives a great smudged out effect and it stays put all day. I generally have problems with many eyeliners transferring on my upper lid throughout the day but this one works great for me.
8. Eyelash Curler: Okay, so this one isn’t actually drugstore but I am so loyal to my Shiseido eyelash curler and haven’t found a drugstore alternative that keeps my straight Asian lashes curled all day yet. Do you know of any? Curling your lashes can really open up your eyes and make them pop while giving you a more feminine look.
9. Maybelline The Falsies Flared Volum’ Express Mascara in Very Black Waterproof: Wow, that is a long name… but I swear by this mascara. To me, it MUST be the flared version in the waterproof formula. There is something about this brush design that really does flare out my lashes at the end that gives a beautiful effect. And like I mentioned earlier, I have stubborn straight lashes so waterproof mascaras are the only ones that can hold my curl. Waterproof mascaras tend to be on the dryer side, therefore not weighing down lashes with a wet formula.
10. Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Crystal Lilac: I own more lip products than any girl would ever need so I have tried my fair share of them. These lip glosses stand out to me because they are pigmented and don’t require you to wear a lipstick underneath as many lip glosses do. What you see in the tube is the color pay off you actually get. I also enjoy the scent and the formulation isn’t too sticky. My favorite daytime colors are Crystal Lilac and Bellini. To quickly change this to a sexier nighttime look, try this gloss in the color Bordeaux and you are set!
I hope this was helpful! Please subscribe and let me know if you’d like to see more posts like this!