I’m feeling a little under the weather today. I haven’t been sick in such a long time (thank you immune system!), but finally I’ve come down with a bit of a bug. I luckily had the day off of work but felt like being snuggled under the covers all day. I had to leave the house to run some errands and go to the pharmacy but didn’t want to leave the house completely bare-faced because if I’m really tired, my under-eye circles could probably scare the boogie man! (And by the way, this look may not be for everyone because if you’re one of those girls that can leave the house without any makeup on looking downright flawless, I envy you, girl!). Since I just couldn’t be bothered to put on a full face of makeup I headed for my go-to “No Makeup” Makeup Look! I figured today would be a great time to share the products I use to achieve this look!
This look is great for when you want to get ready in less than 5 minutes and still look presentable. This is my go to look for a day of running errands or if you like to keep it low key, it’s a great easy everyday makeup look. I’ve worn these products camping (okay, glamping :P), heading to the beach, on lazy Sundays, running errands, whenever I’m in a rush, or for a fresh faced youthful look!
Alright, let’s get started!
1. Moisturize. I have been loving Origins Vitazing moisturizer with SPF 15. When you first dispense the product it looks white with almost a grainy look to it, but as soon as you start blending it in, it starts to develop a little bit of a color. It almost acts as a very light coverage tinted moisturizer. I would be careful if you have oily skin. Since I have normal/dry skin, this product works great for me.
The Origins Ginzing under eye cream has been great for daytime use. It has almost a sheen to it and this works for me since my under-eye area can get very dry and crepe-y. It’s supposed to reduce puffiness as well, and I’m not sure I can attest to that, but it does the job of moisturizing the under eye area.
2. Conceal. Spot conceal any dark spots, acne scars, or problem areas you have. Many of us have redness around the nose, so that’s a good area to dab a little concealer if you’re not planning on wearing any liquid foundation. I have been absolutely loving the Urban Decay Naked Concealer. It’s creamy, pigmented, does not settle into my fine lines, and the applicator makes it very easy to work with. Not all concealers can be used for both the face and under eye area, but this one definitely can.
If you’re dealing with any blemishes, I love the CoverFx Blemish Treatment Concealer. It has 1% salicylic acid in it to treat blemishes while concealing. It blends like a dream and has great coverage for those spots.
Don’t forget to blend, blend, blend! I just use my fingers to gently dab in and blend the concealer.
3. Set. This Hello Flawless Powder by Benefit is AMAZING. I have been using it for years now to set my foundation or even for a little extra coverage on lighter makeup days like this. It has a natural satin finish which isn’t too dry or powdery on my dry skin. It literally does make your skin look flawless and the powder is so smooth and finely milled. I recommend using a big round fluffy brush to apply.
4. Brighten. A good blush can really wake up your face and bring it back to life. I have been using the Becca Mineral Blush in Flowerchild, which is a peachy pink blush with golden highlights. Dust your blush of choice onto the apples of your cheek and slightly upward in a straight line up to your ear. This will make your cheekbones pop.
5. Shape and Set. Use light strokes to fill in your brows with a brow pencil or for a more natural look, you can use an eyebrow powder or matte eye shadow with an angled brush to fill in your brows. A good rule of thumb for those of us with dark hair is to choose a color a couple shades lighter than your hair to give the most natural effect. And for those who have blonde hair, go a couple shades darker.
An optional step is to set your brows with a brow gel/mascara to keep them in place. I have been using the L’oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara in the color Light/Medium. It also comes in the shades Transparent and Medium/Dark. Since I’ve lightened my hair with my ombre/balayage highlights, I’ve actually been liking using the light medium color because it gives my brows an overall lighter appearance.
6. Accentuate. Curl those lashes and put on a couple coats of mascara to really bring out your lashes and wake up your eyes. Since I have straight Asian lashes, 99% of the time, you’ll find me using waterproof mascara since it tends to hold my curl much better. I was recommended to try the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara by my girlfriend Josephine and I have been loving it. Thanks Jo!
Sometimes, if I have even less than 5 minutes, I’ll only use steps 1, 2, and 6 before I head out the door.
Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any recommendations or what you like to use for your “No Makeup” Makeup Looks!