Hello lovelies! I can’t believe March is already here! This means my birthday is coming soon and so is Spring! 🙂
Here are the beauty items I was reaching for all month in February.
1. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: This is a great neutral palette for every day looks that can be used on its own or to compliment almost any shadows or palettes you have. The color Naked 2 (third from the left) is one of my favorite blending colors for any look. Just make sure you don’t drop your palette, because mine is now missing the black color… oops!
2. Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Spotless Foundation: I picked this up when CVS was having 40% off all of their Physicians Formula products. After purchasing it, I have worn it almost every day in February. It’s less viscous/more liquidy than most foundations I’ve ever used so I can understand how that may be off-putting for some people but it still offers a medium coverage that is buildable. The benefit of this is, it looks as if you’re not wearing foundation at all because it’s so lightweight. I was drawn to this particular product because it claims to be a foundation and a skin care serum that reduces the appearance of spots by 67%. I have noticed that some of my spots from recent blemishes have faded faster than usual, but there is a chance I’m just paying more attention to that now. If anyone would like, I can do a full review on this product.
3. L’oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions in Blackest Black Waterproof: In the past, I have been a fan of layering mascaras but sometimes I just can’t be bothered with that. I love this mascara especially in the waterproof formula because it makes my lashes look long, separated, and holds curl like no other. I would say this mascara offers more lengthening than volumizing, so on a daily basis without any need for layering, it’s a great pick. Just a warning, for those of you who don’t like the feeling of hard lashes while you’re wearing this mascara, this one WILL give you that feeling. I don’t particularly mind that feeling so I will be staying loyal to this mascara.
4. NYX Cosmetics HD concealer in Medium: This is a great creamy concealer with medium to full coverage that’s great for the under-eye area. I think it’s a great dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer which I own, but don’t necessarily find myself reaching for that often. So if you’ve been wanting to try the Nars concealer but are unsure if you want to splurge, give this one a try!
5. Nars Larger than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto: I can’t say enough good things about this eyeliner. The formulation is creamy and smooth but does not budge. Although I have dry skin, I have quite oily lids, and even with a good eyelid primer, I would find that almost every pencil eyeliner would transfer above my crease on the upper eyelid. This eyeliner does NOT transfer or smudge on me. The application is nice and smooth because of the creamy consistency so you won’t feel tugging on your eyelid and I personally find pencil eyeliners are the easiest to apply. This particular color (Via Veneto) is one of the blackest blacks you will find so this is great for smoky eyes.
P.s. If anyone has been wondering where my Project 365 posts have gone and if I’ve still been doing them, I have! I just decided to move them to a different location to keep Inspire Me, Mon Ami dedicated mostly to fashion and beauty. If you’d like to still see my Project 365 posts, either comment below, or let me know at email@example.com, and I’d be happy to share them.